Jun 8, 2013

My Experience with Frank Covino

Who is Frank Covino?

FRANK COVINO B.S., M.S., A.T.E.

PRATT INSTITUTE , NEW YORK CITY

PORTRAIT ARTIST, AUTHOR,

CLASSICAL ACADEMIC ART SEMINAR PROFESSOR

 
During the middle 90's my son John, owned his own Art Supply store. He wanted to be an artist and somehow found Frank Covino.  John wanted to learn how to paint like Covino so I set up a workshop in my art academy that brought him to our state.
This was a week long seminar, and it was absolutley wonderful!  I learned so much from Frank in that one week it was just so inspiring.
 
We learned how to mix and apply flesh tones over Verdaccio underpainting.
 

This is my first sketches of my daughter Teal


Here I have laid in the Verdaccio values



I am just starting to add the flesh tones here.


Finished Portrait





Because I have admired this man for many years and learned so much from him he is our Artist of the Month!



No comments:

New Free Pattern Blog

New Free Pattern Blog
Sharon Teal Coray has a new blog offering free patterns! Updated often! Check it out!